Director, Planet Cyprus
PLANET S.A is the leading Greek management and project management consulting company, mother company of six subsidiaries, 3 branches and 30 offices with a footprint in 4 continents (Europe, Africa, Asia, Latin America) through numerous successfully implemented projects.
Planet Group International, the Cypriot subsidiary of PLANET S.A. based in Nicosia, is looking for an energetic, forward thinking Director who will provide strategic vision, tactical execution, and leadership to bring about long-term, sustainable growth. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, with a strategic and consulting mindset. He/she should have a positive thinking and a ‘can do’ personality with the ability to handle multiple priorities and work effectively under pressure.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Partner with PLANET management to develop overall strategic direction of the company.
- Ensure execution against strategic initiatives.
- Identify and pursue areas/targets for business development, growth, and partnership.
- Set budgets and metrics to support the strategy and drive success. Prudently manage resources. Full P&L responsibility.
- Ensure allocated resources are aligned with current and projected work in terms of capability, quantity, timing and efficiency.
- Evaluate results of overall operations regularly and systematically.
- Lead a cohesive team. Resolve differences and keep the team working towards a common direction.
- Get actively involved in the acquisition and implementation of private and public-funded projects and projects financed by International Donors (proposals preparation and projects coordination, coordination of experts’ identification and recruitment, develop and maintain project implementation backstopping services).
- Develop and maintain strategic alliances and partnerships with international and local companies.
- Business development and client management.
- Negotiate and manage contracts.
- University degree in Engineering or Finance or Business. MBA is considered an asset
- 10+ years of experience, out of which 5 years in a managerial position, in the acquisition and implementation of consulting projects both in private and public sector (inclusive projects financed by International Donors); Experience in banking sector projects is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Cypriot and English.
- Ability to effectively set and manage quality driven priorities, manage multiple projects and lead initiatives.
- Sound problem solving skills.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Ambitious, “want to make the difference” -minded and pro-active
- Strong team leadership skills but also a good team player.
- Strategic thinker, quality driven and results oriented.
- High personal and work ethics.
- Availability to travel abroad.
PLANET offers excellent career opportunities, potential for career development in a dynamic working environment and a competitive compensation package, based on the qualifications of the candidate.
PLANET is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from properly qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, nationality, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.